The Student Case Management & Referral Coordination office records regarding students are governed by FERPA. FERPA protects the privacy of student education records, yet allows schools to disclose those records, without consent under certain conditions, but are not limited to (34 CFR § 99.31):
♦ School officials with legitimate educational interest and have a “need to know”;
♦ Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student;
♦ Appropriate officials in cases of health and safety emergencies;
For a full rendition of FERPA, please go to:
Benefits of accessing the CSU Student Case Management Office:
• Aiding students in maneuvering through the unintended, related consequences
of a transport, hospitalization,disruption, or crisis.
• Communicating with professors and instructors regarding attendance, exams or
important class deadlines.
• Communicating with parents/guardians.
• Making referrals to campus & community resources and services and scheduling appointments
with campus providers.
• Assisting with CSU appeals and procedures, conduct related processes, and referring students to
other support services.
Student Case Management is NOT confidential.
Confidential resources available to students are:
♦ 970.491.7121 - CSU Health Network for psychiatric or medical appointments
♦ 970.491.6053 - CSU Health Network for counseling appointments
♦ 970.492.4242 - Sexual Assault Victim Assistance Team (24 hours)
♦ 970.491.1482 - Student Legal Services
Concerned about a CSU student or employee? Tell Someone.
You will be redirected to the
Support & Safety Assessment office.